Information Security Media Group seeks a full-time veteran multimedia journalist to be Managing Editor of the BankInfoSecurity media site.
This Editor will be responsible for creating content (news articles, interviews, blogs, etc.) about banking/security and related topics across ISMG’s BankInfoSecurity and CUInfoSecurity sites in all global regions. On a daily basis this Editor will produce news and feature for ISMG sites including (but not limited to) BankInfoSecurity, CUInfoSecurity, InfoRiskToday, DataBreachToday, GovInfoSecurity and CareersInfoSecurity, as well as new sites to be developed. This editor also will produce audio and video interviews with banking and security leaders; create a new blog to appear across ISMG sites; attend relevant security and technology events to keep abreast of the latest developments; be an in-house resource on banking/security/technology trends.
A key responsibility will be to help develop and maintain annual editorial calendars with banking/security-specific content and regularly be involved in conducting and hosting advisory board discussion forums, roundtable conferences and meetings with security/technology vendors.
- Ensuring content generated is relevant, of quality and updated on a regular schedule.
- Producing and managing content related to articles, audio interviews, video interviews, webinars, enewsletters, vendors and more on a regular basis.
- Developing content, recruiting speakers and moderating sessions for ISMG’s global Fraud, Cybersecurity and Breach Prevention Summits and roundtable events.
- Conducting interviews with information security personnel (CISOs, IT Managers, CTOs, Audit & Compliance Officers, CEOs, etc.).
- Researching and staying up-to-date with current industry and technology trends, as well as security regulations/guidance and relevant legislative activities.
- Providing editorial support to other sectors covered by ISMG.
- BA in Journalism, Communications or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of banking and security trends across all sectors and regions.
- Specific knowledge of legislative and regulatory activities related to banking and security.
- Demonstrable knowledge of specific technologies and market leaders/trends relevant to the global banking and cybersecurity communities.
- Minimum 10 years writing experience in banking, information security and overall information technology.
- At least 5 years’ experience covering banking in a security context.
- Knowledge of regulatory bodies and the regulations and guidance issued by these bodies for providing a framework for information security within all sectors.
- Must possess strong management and leadership aptitude, demonstrated professionalism, ability to work independently as well as with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.