Information Security Media Group (ISMG) is currently seeking an advertising sales professional to join our U.K. division! This role would be responsible for selling digital media and custom event sponsorships. We are seeking a person with a passion for digital media, a desire to be at the leading edge one of the fastest growing markets – security – and someone with the ability to learn and contribute quickly!
The Account Executive will be responsible for: identifying potential clients within banking, financial services, government, healthcare and information security/technology verticals, introducing ISMG to the appropriate contacts within potential clients; identifying optimal ways to work together; negotiating terms of relationships and contract terms; and closing new client business. The sales executive will also be responsible for generating new business and creating new relationships with agencies, maintaining and building upon relationships with our current agency contacts, responding to proposals, and conducting presentations.
This role would require the ability to acquire sponsorships for various online products such as: Webinars, Podcasts, E-newsletter Sponsorships and White Papers as well as events-related products such summit sponsorships and roundtable events. The sales executive will create their own brand awareness and lead generation programs, and develop valuable partnerships and clients via cold calling, prospecting and closing.
The Account Executive will be responsible for generating sales through online and (when necessary) in-person event advertising and sponsorship programs, and will develop accounts through client and agency need analysis and provide effective solutions. Ideal candidate should have experience in the entire sales cycle including- relationship building, relationship selling, customer relations, objection handling, and closing.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Aggressively calling on prospects (marketing personnel) at vendor companies who may have interest in sponsoring content or advertising.
- Respond to proposals.
- Networking with prospects to find other relevant contacts who may have interest in sponsorship/advertising opportunities.
- Selling lead generation, sponsorship/brand awareness and event advertising options including: banner ads, e-news sponsorships, webinars, podcasts, custom content, etc.
- Generate new business.
- Conduct sales presentations.
- Working off of a defined account list to find decision-makers and identify prospects.
- Maintaining relationships with current customers to maximize renewal business.
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1-3 years of advertising sales experience.
- Knowledge of digital media products.
- Experience in selling to advertising agencies is a plus!
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Master at objection handling.
- Must have a strong command on technology use.
- Knowledge of the security industry, a bonus!
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete RFP’s in accordance with prospect expectations.
- Ability to concisely convey value proposition.